400mA Synchronous Step-down DC/DC Module with MODE pin and Inductor
The RM590 is a synchronous, step-down DC/DC converter which delivers up to 400mA of output current. The RM590 can be configured for either PWM/VFM automatic shift operation or forced PWM operation by controlling of MODE pin.
It has a built-in inductor and is available in 2.2 (mm) x 2.0 (mm) x 1.5 (mm) sized QFN2220-8 package for high density mounting. Therefore, it is possible to save space in the mounting area.
- Having an inductor built-in, it is possible to simplify the board design and reduce the mounting area.
- PWM/VFM automatic shift operation provides high efficiency at light loads.
- Having an inductor built-in, the number of parts can be reduced, and the man-hours for managing purchased parts can be reduced (concern about EOL).
Consumer Input Voltage Range 2.3 V to 5.5 V (6.5 V) Operating Temperature Range -40°C to 85°C (125°C) Supply Current Typ. 15 µA Standby Current Typ. 0 µA Output Voltage Range Fixed Output Voltages: 0.6 V to 3.3 V (0.1 V step)
Adjustable Output Voltages: 0.6 V to 5.5 V
Output Voltage Accuracy ±1.5% (VSET ≥ 1.2 V), ±18 mV (VSET < 1.2 V) Feedback Voltage 0.6 V Feedback Voltage Accuracy ±9 mV Output Current 400 mA Driver ON-resistance High Side MOSFET Typ. 0.245 Ω
Low Side MOSFET Typ. 0.225 Ω
Oscillator Frequency Typ. 6 MHz Maximum Duty Cycle Min. 100% Package QFN2220-8
Protections / Functions
TSD ILX OCP OVP UVLO OVLO Reverse Shutdown Soft Start SSCG PGOOD Auto Discharge Anti-ringing Sequencing Max Duty Ext. Phase LED Adjust
Typical Application (Fixed Output Voltage Type)
Typical Application (Adjustable Output Voltage Type)
Efficiency vs. Output Current
- Refer to the datasheets for the details on the product.
- The package file includes package dimensions, taping specifications, taping reels dimensions, power dissipations, and recommended land pattern.
- Please contact us or our distributors for unpublished reliability information.
Sample / Buy
Buy, Request for Samples, Request for Information Materials
Please contact your local distributors for any sales-related inquiry such as price, stock, delivery, etc.
|TSD||Thermal Shutdown Function|
|ILX||LX Current Limit Function|
|UVLO||Undervoltage Lockout Protection|
|OVLO||Overvoltage Lockout Protection|
|Reverse||Reverse Current Protection Circuit|
|Soft Start||Soft Start Function|
|SSCG||Spread Spectrum Clock Generator Function|
|PGOOD||Power Good Output|
|Auto Discharge||Auto Discharge Function|
|Anti-ringing||Anti-ringing Switch Function|
|Sequencing||Start-up Sequencing Control|
|Max Duty||Maximum Duty Cycle|
|Ext. Phase||Externally Adjustable Phase Compensation|
|LED Adjust||LED High-speed Dimming Control|